Do you have a great idea, concept, or tool that could help business leaders rise to the next level? Do you think you have what it takes to speak onstage at three of our events this September?
Our Speaker Contest is an open call for professional and first-time speakers alike to showcase their work. Participants need to apply with a written and video pitch, and successful applicants will be invited to one of five online semifinals. The winner of each semifinal moves on to the final, where a jury will select the contest winner. This aspiring speaker will be invited to give a keynote at Nordic Business Forum 2022, Oslo Business Forum 2022, and Amsterdam Business Forum 2022 in September and will be paid €70,000 for the job.
If you have an idea, you have an application! All submissions are due on 6 February.
How to Apply
- Find your idea. Take some time to identify the idea that you want to use as the foundation of your presentation. Ideally, it’s a topic in which you are an expert so you can talk about it with confidence.
- Write down your pitch. Use your storytelling skills to walk us through how you plan to convey your idea to the world. What is the idea in short? Why is it important for business leaders? Outline the concept and your presentation from start to finish. (Remember, the language is English!)
- Film it! Record a short (1-4 minute) preview of your talk. Speak in English, try to relax, and show us your presentation style. Keep in mind that the length of your actual presentation should be 12 minutes in the semifinal round and 15 minutes in the final. Use this video to support your written application.
- Upload your video and fill in your application. Enter your details, copy over your written summary and video URL ready, and select your preferred semifinal date.
- Hit submit and wait! We will be in touch with all the applicants by 21 February.
What You Need to Know
Here are the most important things you should know to successfully take part in the contest:
- Application period: 4 January – 6 February
- All of the 5 semifinals will be held remotely during March and April. The dates are:
- 10 March 2022: Helsinki Semifinal
- 17 March 2022: Stockholm Semifinal
- 24 March 2022: Tallinn Semifinal
- 31 March 2022: Amsterdam Semifinal
- 4 April 2022: Oslo Semifinal
- The final will be held physically (if possible) on 31 May (location TBC)
- 19 September 2022: Amsterdam Business Forum
- 20-21 September 2022: Nordic Business Forum
- 21-22 September 2022: Oslo Business Forum
- Contest topics: future of work, culture, and sustainability
Interested in applying? Write your pitch, film your audition, and make your submission by 6 February.