Christina Dahlblom competed in the Speaker Contest 2019, making it to the final round of the contest on May 23rd, 2019.
Christina Dahlblom: Three Ts of Tomorrow’s Leadership
- Many of our views on management and our mindsets as leaders have their roots in history and no longer serve their purpose. They are not only counterproductive, but they also burden us as leaders.
- We still often organize and lead in manners that are aimed at optimizing financial resources, whereas more important scarce resources today are talent, their time, and trust.
- There are 4 important questions that you need to consider:
- When making decisions, is my organization considering the impact it will have on talent and people experience?
- Are our policies for time investments as rigorous as those we have for financial investments?
- Am I truly adult-to-adult in my attitude as a manager, or am I taking on extra work by being parental?
- Which time investments do I need to make in order to create an environment for trust and continuous feedback?
The bottom line? Leaders need to rethink how they manage their scarcest assets, define those assets, and modernize their mindsets to reflect in modern leadership.
About Christina Dahlblom
Christina Dahlblom is an entrepreneur, CEO, Board professional and leadership coach on a mission to improve work-life through better leadership. Her original focus was on understanding customer behavior and loyalty, on which she defended a Ph.D. in 2004. The same year, in her first managerial position, her attention turned to human behavior in organizations, and she became passionately interested in how we can improve both performance and wellbeing through better leadership.
Speaker Contest 2019
We hosted the second edition of the Speaker Contest in 2019, in which we hoped to discover ingenious talent, innovative concepts, and intriguing perspectives from professionals and first-timers alike. Over 180 people applied for the contest, 24 made it to the qualifiers in Helsinki, Stockholm, and Oslo, and six finalists competed on the 23rd of May, 2019, to win €30,000 and a spot in the speaker lineup for Nordic Business Forum 2019. The winner was Anssi Rantanen.
Want to see the winner in action? We still have tickets available for Nordic Business Forum 2019. Get yours today!