Kathrine Aspaas competed in the Speaker Contest 2019, making it to the final round of the contest on May 23rd, 2019.
Kathrine Aspaas: The Emotion Revolution
- We need soft skills for the future. We need everything the machines cannot do.
- Being human will be a competitive advantage in the future of business.
- Courage, compassion, and creativity are muscles that can be trained.
- We need to get comfortable with failure and feel our emotions to be able to use them effectively in the future.
- Employers need to create a culture of psychological safety for employees to feel comfortable expressing and harnessing the power of their emotions (managers included!)
The bottom line? Feelings and emotions are the “missing link” in business.
About Kathrine Aspaas
Kathrine Aspaas is a Norwegian freelance writer, journalist, and commentator. She is a graduate economist and has worked for Aftenposten’s business editorial for 13 years. She currently works as an author, speaker, and presenter.
She has written 3 bestselling books: The Age of Generosity, Pink is the New Punk, and The Emotion Revolution. Her work claims that brain research, recent economic research, and media development point towards moving towards a more open, more generous age. The Emotional Revolution deals with how emotions affect who we are and the choices we make.
Her philosophy on transparency and the art of being flawsome has turned into a movement in Norway.
Speaker Contest 2019
We hosted the second edition of the Speaker Contest in 2019, in which we hoped to discover ingenious talent, innovative concepts, and intriguing perspectives from professionals and first-timers alike. Over 180 people applied for the contest, 24 made it to the qualifiers in Helsinki, Stockholm, and Oslo, and six finalists competed on the 23rd of May, 2019, to win €30,000 and a spot in the speaker lineup for Nordic Business Forum 2019. The winner was Anssi Rantanen.
Want to see the winner in action? We still have tickets available for Nordic Business Forum 2019. Get yours today!