Are you working on the next big thing? Do you think you have what it takes to speak onstage at Nordic Business Forum in Helsinki and Oslo Business Forum in Oslo this September?
Our Speaker Contest is an open call for professional and first-time speakers alike to showcase their work relating to marketing, leadership, and disruptive technologies. Participants need to apply with a written and video pitch, and successful applicants will be invited to one of five qualifying rounds in Helsinki, Tallinn, Stockholm, Oslo, and Los Angeles. A jury will select one winner who will be invited to speak at Nordic Business Forum in Helsinki and at Oslo Business Forum in Oslo in September and will be paid €50,000 for it. If you have an idea, you have an application! All submissions are due on February 14th.
How to apply
- Find your idea. Take some time to identify the idea that you want to use as the foundation of your presentation. Try to make it something that would resonate with a Nordic audience. Ideally, it’s a topic in which you are an expert so you can talk about it with confidence.
- Write down your pitch. Use your storytelling skills to walk us through how you plan to convey your idea to the world. What inspired this idea? How does it connect to your profession? Is this a passion project? Outline the concept and your presentation from start to finish.
- Film it! Part of your application will include a short video presentation, which is a 1-4 minute preview of your talk. We’ll use this to gauge your presentation style and see how you are when you’re talking about your chosen subject. Try not to parrot the exact same words that you wrote in your summary. Use this video to support your written application.
- Upload your video and fill in your application. Once you have the written summary and video file ready, upload the video to Vimeo or YouTube and fill in your application for the contest. You will be asked to enter your contact details (check these are correct so we can contact you), as well as the pitch and the video URL.
- Hit submit and wait for the confirmation email! You should receive a notification by email automatically – that’s how you know your application made it in. If you have any problems, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll troubleshoot it right away.
These are the important dates that you need to put in your calendar now to make sure you can participate in the 2020 Speaker Contest.
The deadline to submit your application is 14 February 2020 at 23:59.
We have four qualifying rounds for applicants to choose from. When submitting your application, you can pick any or all of the following dates:
- Helsinki 30 March 2020 17:30 – 20:30
- Tallinn 31 March 2020 17:30 – 20:30
- Stockholm 1 April 2020 17:30 – 20:30
- Oslo 2 April 2020 17:30 – 20:30
- Los Angeles 21 April 2020 17:30 – 20:30
- FINAL Oslo 28 May 2020 from 15:00 to 18:30
All times are local to the listed city.
Are you interested in applying? Write your pitch, film your audition, and make your submission by 14 February.
What is new
The full lineup and agenda of Nordic Business Forum in Stockholm is now published. The fourth annual Nordic Business Forum in Stockholm will be held on the 21st of September, 2020 at Stockholmsmässan. In addition to the already published speakers […]
What emotions define our experiences and what can we do to encourage certain behaviours over others? These are some of the questions that Professor Brené Brown from the University of Houston asks on a daily basis. Her newest research, found […]