Jarkko Rantanen talked about “’Building a Winning Emotional Climate at Work” at the Speaker Contest Helsinki qualifier on 14 March 2019.
- Cutting off emotions at work means cutting off the full potential of people
- The right emotions can boost your cognitive performance by 62%.
- The three foundations of building a winning emotional climate are: awareness of emotions, understanding the human needs, and learning the practical skills for building the climate.
- One example of practical skills is the power of undivided attention.
The bottom line? As leaders, we need to start building a winning emotional climate where everyone wins.
About Jarkko Rantanen
Jarkko Rantanen is a highly appreciated trainer and management team facilitator with decades of experience in training workplace emotional skills. He has helped numerous companies to create flourishing emotional climates and has trained hundreds of leaders and professionals. Jarkko has written several books and blogs about workplace emotions and is constantly bringing in pragmatic insights from the latest research in the field of emotions at work.
During his Speaker Contest presentation, he addressed:
- how ignoring emotions at work is costly and dangerous
- what it takes to bring out the full potential in people
- three foundations for building a winning emotional climate
- a simple, practical tip for improving the emotional climate as a leader