Sesil Pir talked about “’Reconnecting Business to its Purpose: Building Cultures of Trust and Wellbeing One Human at a Time” at the Speaker Contest Stockholm qualifier on 13 March 2019.
- Leaders sit in all chairs but lead self-first.
- Leaders connect head, heart, and hands.
- 8 core human attributes that serve leaders in the development of individual capacity and organizations in enhancing capability.
- Leaders have a participatory choice in building environments of trust and wellbeing.
- Welfare is not the same as wellbeing.
The bottom line? Businesses and organizations need to take in a more humanistic view when building their story and developing people-practices that can activate meaning, inspiration, safety, and joy to (and from) within.
About Sesil Pir
Sesil Pir is an Industrial and Organizational Psychologist that serves as an active HR Functional Thought Leader, Founder and Principal Consultant of SESIL PIR Consulting GmbH, a boutique management consultancy, focusing on changing the status quo of work, and Founder of Whirling Chief, a global digital collaboration & learning platform, championing humanity into the global workplace.
She holds an MA-HRIR from Carlson School of Management, an Executive MBA from Harvard University, and a BA from Eastern Michigan University. Mrs. Pir is an active contributor of Forbes, has been published in the Harvard Business Review, HR Zone and UK’s HR Magazine, and has contributed to several Human Resources Management books.
She has been recently recognized as ’40 Thinkers Under 40′ in Europe and ‘101 Employee Engagement Influencers’ globally.