Seth Godin has the intention to change the way people think and get people to make it happen. Godin, a bestselling author, speaker and marketer will explain to us how to get our ideas spread.
Godin not only aims to make other people get things done, but he also shows a great example. He has written 18 books and over 5,500 blog posts, given 3 TED talks, found two companies and the list goes on. Godin is probably best known for his bestselling books and praised blog, but there’s, in fact, a lot more to him than his writings.
In 1995, he launched a company called Yoyodyne, which used innovative ideas to promote companies among their target audiences. Godin sold the company to Yahoo only three years later. In 2006, he started another successful company, called Squidoo, a community website which allows its users to create pages for subjects of interest. HubPages acquired Squidoo in 2014. Godin is also the person behind ChangeThis, a website for spreading ideas through PDFs.
It’s obvious that the man has numerous innovative ideas, but he is also very capable of presenting those ideas in a memorable and inspirational way. This is probably one of the reasons why he entered the education business as well. Already in 2008, he gave a 6-month alternative MBA for 9 students and in 2014 he started offering online courses as an alternative to books. Last year he designed altMBA, an intensive, 4-week online workshop and is still offering it for “high-performing individuals, who want to level up and lead”.
It’s worth highlighting that during all these projects he has also written 18 books, which for some is a life’s work. His books deal with topics such as marketing, leadership, work, and self-development. If you haven’t read any of Godin’s books or other writings, we suggest you do so.
At Nordic Business Forum 2016, Godin, whose picture is also hanging on the Direct Marketing Hall of Fame, will speak under the theme of Marketing.
Top picks from the speaker:
- As Godin has written so many remarkable books, it is pretty hard to pick one… Thus we picked two! We highly recommend Godin’s newest book ‘What to do when it’s your turn’ and the classic from 2008 ‘Tribes’.
- We got a chance to interview Godin in person. Watch ‘the Brief History of Seth Godin’ video or read the article, where Godin shortly explains the ideas behind his most popular books/concepts.
- If you want to quickly learn Godin’s key ideas, you should read this blog post, where Ryan Robinson summarized Godin’s 3 valuable lessons.
More on Seth Godin:
- Twitter: @ThisIsSethsBlog
- Bio: https://www.nbforum.com/nbf2016/speakers/seth-godin/
- Blog: http://sethgodin.typepad.com/
Register to watch Nordic Business Forum 2016 through live stream »
Or if you want to join us for to the sold out live event in Helsinki, sign up for the waiting list and we will contact you if any seats free up »